IMPORTAL 10 g Powder usage, dose, side effects
In this post you will learn about Importal powder. In comes in difference sizes for adults and children in France and other European countries. After reading this article you will be familiar with:
Symptomatic treatment of constipation.
- Usage of Importal powder
- Important information regarding drug.
- Dosage Information.
- How Importal works.
- Possible side effects of Importal powder.
|Importal 10 g powder box and sachets|
Importal 10 g Powder: indications / usage
Symptomatic treatment of constipation.
|Therapeutic class||Gastro-Entero-Hepatology, Gastro-Entero-Hepatology|
|Active ingredients||Lactitol (E966)|
|Status||This medicinal product is NOT SUBJECT TO A MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION|
|Price incl. VAT||3,00 €|
|SS Repayment Tx||thirty %|
Importal: dosage information
- Oral use.
- This medicine can be taken diluted in a drink (water-infusion) or mixed with any food ( like yogurt).
- Rectal canal.
The dosage should be adjusted according to the results obtained.
Average dose information
Adults: 2 sachets of Importal per day at a time.
Children 7 to 14 years: 1 sachet of Importal per day.
If diarrhea occurs, decrease the quantity of dosage.
Pregnancy - Breastfeeding
There is currently no data available or no medical studies conducted on the use of Importal during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Therefore only use when prescribed by a medical expert.
We believe, due to lack of absorption, no effect is expected during pregnancy and lactation, so Importal can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
How to prepare Importal Sterile solution: Instructions
· Dissolve 200 g of Importal in 200 ml of hot distilled water with constant stirring,
· After dissolution, add 168 ml of cold distilled water.
This solution may be administered at an acute dose of 1 to 2 ml / kg / day (0.4 to 0.8 g / kg / day).
Sterile solutions can be stored for 4 to 6 weeks in the refrigerator, better to use immediately.
IMPORTAL Powder: how it works
( A digestive and metabolic solution)
- The lactitol causes an increase in the osmotic pressure, favoring the hydration of the stool and increased intestinal peristalsis.
- In the colon, processing lactitol organic acid lowers the pH of the colonic contents, thereby causing the reduction of the absorption of ammonia.
IMPORTAL 10 g powser: its contraindications
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the the ingredient in Importal powder.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease).
- Occlusive or subocclusive Syndrome.
- Digestive perforation or perforation is suspected,
- Syndromes abdominal pain of unknown cause.
- Galactose-free diet because of the presence in the powder of this related sugar (8%):
- In nursing infants,
- Children with autosomal recessive hereditary fructose intolerance.
- In case of galactosemia (incomplete lactitol metabolism can lead to the development of fructosémie and galactosemia with sequelae).
- Imbalance in existing water and electrolyte.
IMPORTAL 10 g powder : precautions for use
- Prolonged use in the treatment of constipation is discouraged, importal should not be used for long time.
- Importal has no impact on driving or operating machines.
- In infants and young children the use of Importal is only possible on medical recommendation.
- The use of Importal is not recommended in patients with intolerance to fructose or galactose, galactosemia or glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or lactase deficiency.
- Importal can cause dirhea which can lead to disturbances of hydro-electrolyte balance; This medication should be used with caution in patients prone to hydro-electrolyte disorders.
- Laxatives should not be taken at the same time as other medicines: after taking a medication, wait at least 2 hours before taking a laxative.
In case of overdose
Diarrhea and abdominal pain
Discontinue taking Importal or reduce the dose.
Correction of possible hydroelectrolytic disorders in the event of significant fluid loss secondary to diarrhea.
IMPORTAL: undesirable / side effects
- At the beginning of treatment, Importal can cause abdominal discomfort, such as flatulence and, although rarely, abdominal pain or sometimes a bloating sensation. Such effects tend to diminish or disappear after a few days of treatment with Importal.
- Due to inter-individual differences, some patients, even when taking the recommended dose, may suffer from diarrhea. A reduction in dosage will solve this problem.
- The following adverse reactions have been reported in clinical trials and confirmed by spontaneous declarations. Adverse reactions are classified by frequency and organ class. Frequency is defined as follows: very common (≥ 1/10), frequent (≥ 1/100 to <1/10), uncommon (≥ 1/1000 to <1/100), rare (≥ 1 / 10,000 to <1 / 1,000), very rare (<1 / 10,000), unknown frequency (can not be estimated from the available data).
Systematic Class / Frequency
Abnormal gastrointestinal abnormalities